Custom Pages

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Anna's Magic Square

Anna reached out to me on my blog yesterday, asking if she could share a photo of her progress with the onion ring magic square. Well, I just received her photo via email, and all I can say is wow!


She has connected six of the large magic squares to create the mat pictured above. I will have to ask what she is planning to make, maybe a tablecloth?

I'm always amazed when I see really large tatting projects, as I can never seem to find the patience to stick with one for very long. I'm glad that there are people who do have that patience, so I can admire their work :)

For those interested in this pattern, just a reminder that it is free and you can find it on my free patterns page, or by clicking here to go to the pattern directly. I have gotten about 1/4 of the way through my magic square project, and will post about that in a few days along with a hand drawn tatting path for those who would like to follow along.

8 comments:

God's Kid said...

That is awesome!! :)

Frivole said...

Looks fabulous! And that's the one I'd like to make too... eventually! :-)

Jane McLellan said...

Stunning! I've finished my MK square, I don't think it's any bigger than your diagram, so I got in a muddle somewhere. I'm happy with it but might still make a bigger version.

muskaan said...

Great job, Anna !!!
Wonder when I'll have the time to take up your magic squares, Robin :-(

anna said...

Thank you Robin for your wonderful pattern. I think my magic square will
put in a frame to hang on the wall

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I wish we knew more about Anna! I hope she reads these comments, and I encourage her to tell us more about her tatting history. She obviously has the patience to do a large project, but I am also intrigued by this one-pass triangle pattern that you have created. It must be quite satisfying for you to see this magnificent large piece, which is so pleasing to the eye and flows so nicely!

anna said...

Kathy thank you. I am amministrator of a group on FB named tatting art where i show my tatting work. I work tatting for hobby for about 30 years. I did a lot of work, you can see it in my group. Bye Bye

anna said...

thank you all